Cox Business and Inc. Magazine Announce Finalists of "Get Started Omaha" Pitch Contest
Small businesses in the technology, travel and food industries represented in April 24 networking and pitch event
Spots still available to attend one-time event
OMAHA, Neb., April 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cox Business and Inc. magazine have announced the finalists of Get Started Omaha (#GetStartedOmaha) taking place on Thursday, April 24, 2014 at the Holland Performing Arts Center, 1200 Douglas St., Omaha, Nebraska. Spots are still available to attend the live event. Registration is available at www.coxblue.com/getstartedomaha.
Over 30 businesses applied to present at Get Started Omaha. The final businesses selected to pitch at the live event are:
- Blogglebeans: Developed by moms, Blogglebeans keeps kids and their grandparents emotionally connected by sharing messages, videos, photos and voice recordings to tell the stories of their lives in a fun and easy way.
- Mole Mexico, LLC: Started by a husband and wife team with a passion for food, Mole Mexico takes the all-day process of creating a traditional Mexican sauce used for rice and poultry, mole sauce, into an easy and convenient option for dinner. Carefully crafted, Mole Mexico's sauces are created with the highest quality ingredients with a long shelf life.
- PaySAFE Escrow, Inc: The first online closing service enabling individuals or businesses to safely purchase from unfamiliar parties, PaySAFE prevents online purchases from becoming nightmares with an easy to use workflow for creating, negotiating and closing transactions on their own.
- PhotoBomb: Since nobody prints their own pictures anymore, PhotoBomb automatically prints out pictures from electronic devices and sends them in the mail.
- Travefy: This app makes group travel easy with an online group travel planner. Itineraries, travel deals and expense collection are all in one place making more time for the fun of travel and less time planning.
A representative from each of these companies will pitch their idea in 2.5 minutes to a distinguished panel of experts. One winner will be named to receive a prize package valued at nearly $10,000 which includes a $5,000 cash prize, $2,500 Cox Business technology package* and $1,000 in Cox Media marketing consultative/ad production services. Local businesses not competing are encouraged to attend this free event for networking and learning opportunities from accomplished leaders in digital marketing, funding and business growth strategy.
Get Started Omaha is in partnership with the AIM Institute, Silicone Prairie News, Greater Omaha Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and Scott Data Center. The event will begin at 5:30 p.m. with networking and will include food, drinks and a free pitch workshop taking place from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in advance of the Get Started Omaha event. Sign up here for the Pitch Perfect Workshop.
Cox Business provides voice, data and video services for more than 300,000 small and regional businesses, including healthcare providers, K-12 and higher education, financial institutions and federal, state and local government organizations. The organization also serves most of the top tier wireless and wireline telecommunications carriers in the U.S. through its wholesale division. According to Vertical Systems Group, Cox Business is one of the largest providers of business Ethernet services in the U.S. based on customer ports and has been consistently recognized for its leadership among small/midsize business data service providers. For more information about Cox Business, Click Here or call 1-800-396-1609.
Cox Media, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Communications Inc., partners with both local and national advertisers for marketing success, offering advanced cable and digital advertising products in more than 20 markets across the United States. In addition to proven media solutions, Cox Media offers consultative insights to help clients reach their audiences more effectively and efficiently. From broad reach, highly rated programs to laser-sharp targeting of specific audiences, Cox Media is focused on developing customized marketing solutions that maximize ROI for clients.
About Cox Communications:
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet and telephone services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For seven years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; for seven years, Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.coxmedia.com.
Inc., the only major business magazine dedicated exclusively to owners and managers of growing private companies, delivers real solutions for today's innovative company builders. It provides hands-on resources and market-tested strategies for managing people, finances, sales, marketing, and technology. In addition, Inc. looks beyond work to address the entrepreneurial lifestyle. Inc. inspires and informs, with cutting-edge coverage that reflects its readers' energy, brashness, and imagination.
*Location must be serviceable in the greater Omaha market
SOURCE Cox Communications
For further information: Shana Keith, 1-404-269-0942, firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARE THIS NEWS