Cox Enterprises Removes Nearly Five Tons of Materials From Rivers and Shorelines in 2014
Nearly 700 Cox volunteers participated in cleanups with American Rivers and Ocean Conservancy
ATLANTA, Dec. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Through national partnerships with American Rivers and Ocean Conservancy, Cox Enterprises removed nearly five tons of materials from rivers and shorelines across the nation this year. Nearly 700 Cox employees and their family members volunteered at cleanups in Atlanta; Dayton, Ohio; Jacksonville, Fla.; Miami; Orange County, Calif.; Orlando, Fla.; Seattle and Wantagh, N.Y.
The cleanups are part of Cox Conserves, the company's national sustainability program, and included employees from Cox Enterprises and each of its major subsidiaries.
"Rivers and oceans provide recreation in the communities we serve and connect our customers and employees with nature," said Bob Jimenez, Cox Enterprises' senior vice president of corporate communications and public affairs. "Water is a vital resource to our everyday living and is used throughout our operations. Part of the Cox Conserves vision is to make a positive environmental impact on our operations and the communities we serve. Cox's volunteer cleanups with American Rivers and Ocean Conservancy bring this vision to life while also protecting our natural resources."
The cleanup locations included: Atlanta's Chattahoochee River, Dayton's Great Miami River, Jacksonville's St. John's River, Miami's Key Biscayne, Orange County's Doheny State Beach, Orlando's Wekiva River, Seattle's Puget Sound and Wantagh's Jones Beach.
Cox Enterprises' participating companies included:
- Atlanta: AutoTrader.com, Ch. 2 WSB-TV, Cox Communications, Cox Enterprises, Cox Media Group, Manheim and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Dayton: 95.3 and 101.1 The Eagle, Ch. 7 WHIO-TV, Dayton Daily News, Manheim Cincinnati, Journal-News, K99.1, News Talk Radio WHIO and Springfield News-Sun
- Jacksonville: 95.1 The Big Ape, 96.9 The Eagle, CBS 47, FOX 30, Manheim Jacksonville, News Talk WOKV and X102.9
- Miami: AutoTrader.com, 99 Jamz, Easy 93.1, Hits 97.3, Hot 105, Party 93.1, Manheim Ft. Lauderdale and Kelley Blue Book
- Orange County: AutoTrader.com, Cox Communications, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim Riverside and Manheim Southern California
- Orlando: 98.9 WMMO, AutoTrader.com, Ch. 9 WFTV-TV, K92.3, Manheim Central Florida, News 96.5, Power 95.3, Star 94.5 and WRDQ 27
- Seattle: AutoTrader.com, Ch. 7 KIRO-TV, Cox Reps and Manheim Seattle
- Wantagh: 102.3 WBAB, 106.1 BLI and Cox Reps
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $16 billion and approximately 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms); and Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions). The company's major national brands include AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
About Cox Conserves
Launched in 2007 by Chairman Jim Kennedy, Cox Conserves is Cox Enterprises' national sustainability program. Cox Conserves focuses on reducing waste and energy consumption, as well as conserving water. The program engages each of the company's major subsidiaries (Cox Communications, Cox Media Group and Cox Automotive) and encourages Cox Enterprises' 50,000 employees and their families to engage in eco-friendly practices. The company's sustainability goals are to send zero waste to landfill by 2024 and become carbon and water neutral by 2044. The company also presents the Cox Conserves Sustainability Survey, a nationwide survey that examines sustainability opportunities and challenges for small and medium-sized businesses.
Video - http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/PRNA/ENR/FX-Cox-Enterprises-Doheny-State-Beach-121614-1.mp4
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141216/164720LOGO
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141216/164721
SOURCE Cox Enterprises
For further information: Elizabeth Olmstead, 678-645-0762, firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARE THIS NEWS