Our founder, James M. Cox, believed strongly in giving back to the communities we serve. One way to ensure that his values remain present is through the James M. Cox Foundation. The foundation provides philanthropic support for nonprofit organizations in communities where Cox Enterprises does business. Visit our history section to learn more about Governor Cox and his legacy.
The foundation concentrates its support in the following priority areas:
- Conservation and environment
- Early childhood education (birth to 5 years)
- Empowering families and individuals for success
Types of Support Considered
- Requests for capital campaigns (e.g., building construction, renovation or equipment)
- Requests for special projects (e.g., program expansion or capacity-building efforts)
Awards for basic operating expenses and support for annual programs usually are not granted.