Next Generation Version Of Contour Launches In San Diego
Cox Communications First in U.S. to License X1 Video Platform
ATLANTA, Nov. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- After the successful completion of customer and employee trials, today, Cox Communications announced the launch of the latest version of Contour to its customers in San Diego. The new Contour is the latest version of Cox's premier video product which leverages the X1 platform from Comcast. In addition to the television, the cloud-based interface will be available on a new in-home mobile app.
"We are always looking for ways to expand and enhance our video experience for our customers," said Steve Necessary, vice president of product development and management. "After extensive testing of the X1 platform, we are confident that the new technology will take Contour to the next level, evolving the experience across multiple screens and devices inside the home."
Employees and select customers in Cox's Middle Georgia and San Diego markets have tested many of the product's newest features including its user interface, predictive search, mobile apps and the voice-activated remote control.
"Since we first launched Contour, we have been pleased with the results and we are confident that the new Contour experience will be well received by our customers," added Necessary.
On-screen guide features:
- An immersive user guide with rich graphics and images
- Cover artwork and detailed title information for more than 35,000 On Demand choices
- Predictive search returns network, title, genre, or actor with a few letters
- Access to TV apps for personalized sports, news, weather and traffic directly from your remote
- A second screen personal video experience with the ability to stream live TV channels and free On Demand choices
- Available for iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, and PC/Mac web browsers
- Records 6 shows at once
- 2 terabytes of storage with capacity to store up to 300 hours HD shows and 1,000 hours SD shows
- Start watching recorded program in one room, pause and resume in another room
- Remote features:
- RF-enabled remote with backlighting
- Use the voice control remote to change channels, find shows, get recommendations and launch apps
Customers in San Diego can order the new Contour starting now. For more information, click here.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For eight years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among Diversity Inc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 10 times, including the last nine years. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
SOURCE Cox Communications
For further information: Elizabeth Rasberry, 1-404-269-8012
SHARE THIS NEWS
Read more like this
Cox Enterprises Announces STEAM-Powered Classroom Challenge with DonorsChoose to Provide Teachers with Essential Classroom Materials
Cox will match up to $100,000 in community donations toward STEAM and sustainability-related ...
Maury Wolfe, vice president of corporate responsibility and social impact at Cox Enterprises, has been...